While on this financial journey, we all need some kind of side hustle that will help bring in some extra cash. While I’m still looking for another side hustle (other than this blog), I didn’t realize that Swagbucks was already one of them. I’ve been a member for about two years now and it’s a great way to get free gift cards without completing offers at Swagbucks.
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks allows you earn ‘SB’ points that you can redeem for gift cards or even cash through PayPal. You earn these SB points through doing online surveys, watching movie trailers or even searching stuff online.
If you sign up using my affiliate link, I get SB points for referring you to my link.
Check out Swagbucks!
I first heard of Swagbucks from a couponer that I follow on IG, she had posted a screenshot of the amounts of SB points she earned and the free gift card she could redeem it for (which of course was Target, a couponer’s favorite place here Hawaii). The thought of earning some cash for doing simple things made me a bit skeptical and the first thought that crossed my mind was ‘SCAM’, but hey, if I could get free gift cards for doing easy tasks, might as well check it out right?
I’m so glad that curiosity got the best of me, and I am happy to say that it is NOT a scam. In the two years that I’ve been participating, I’ve gotten several free gift cards such as from Target and Walmart.
I’m not gonna lie, these gift cards went towards couponing to help build my stockpile when we first started looking for our own home. It was a huge score for me!
How to Get Started with Swagbucks
1. Visit Swagbucks through my affiliate link and go to the Join for Free section. Sign up with your name and an email address. If you sign up through my affiliate link, it’s free for you but I receive points which is a double win for us both!
2. To learn more about what the site can offer you, I recommend checking out the ‘How it Works’ link in the Swagbucks section and then checking out the ‘Ways to Earn’ section to see the different ways you can do to earn SB points.
3. Go crazy and have fun! Start building your points and earn those free gift cards!
How to Get Free Gift Cards without Completing Offers at Swagbucks
You have 8 ways to earn SB points or get money back from shopping. Here is the list.
- Shop and get cash back on purchases
- Search for things using their search bar
- Watch videos
- Play games
- Answer surveys
- Discover deals
- Buy gift cards and get cash back
My favorites are watching videos and answering surveys.
I also downloaded the app onto my phone because I found it to be a lot easier when watching movie trailers.
Did you know that a new scary movie is coming out, Anabelle: Creation?
Yes! If you got to know me then you’ll know that I will watch scary movies all alone in the dark. That’s how much of a scary movie fanatic I am.
Anyway, I’m going off topic here.
3 Ways to Get Free Gift Cards without Completing Offers
This is what I basically do on the daily. I don’t really answer surveys much only because it’s time consuming for me.
- Watch videos
- Keep up with Swag Codes
- Answer daily questions
A simple hack that I like to do is that I leave the trailers running on my phone while I’m eating lunch. Just remember to glance at your phone here and there since there may be pop ups in between each video. Sounds simple right?
I cheat with Swag Codes…just a little.
If you want additional SB points, through the Swagbucks app, they’ll send out Swag Codes randomly throughout the day (depending on your country). If you choose to receive notifications from them, you’ll see them pop up on your phone. Once you receive the notification, go to sc-s.com for that code.
You have to be quick though, each code has expiration times.
Can I get free Amazon gift cards with Swagbucks?
Yes you can!
Not only can you get free Amazon gift cards but the following below is also available:
- $5 Amazon Gift Card for 500 SB
- $5 Starbucks Gift Card for 500 SB
- $25 Paypal for 2,500 SB
- $5 Walmart Gift Card for 500 SB
- $5 Target Gift Card for 500 SB
Not bad gift cards right?
On a last note…
I do have to say however, that this is not a get rich quick kind of thing, it takes time to build these points. But try it out and let me know what you think.
Again, to sign up for Swagbucks, please use my affiliate link. I get SB points for referring you to my link.
Resources to check out:
- Swagbucks – Where I go for free gift cards
- http://sc-s.com – Where I go for Swag Codes
- Recommended Resources – A resource page for anything that has to do with my blog
Latest posts by Melanie (see all)
- Quick Useful Ways to Get out of Your Rut So You Don’t Fail - October 13, 2017
- 7 Things You’re Doing to Sabotage Your Success - October 11, 2017
- Unique Baby Shower Gift Ideas You Can Do On A Budget - October 6, 2017